It has been a while since my last update. It has been a BUSY Christmas season!
We celebrated our 4th Anniversary. I think I love Christmas time because it reminds me of when we got married. After 4 years of marriage we have owned 3 different houses, lived in 3 different time zones, and have two wonderful kids and four chickens. We have done a lot, but we have had a lot of fun along the way :-)
Phillip comatose from too much popcorn
Phillip and Lily opening Santa's presents
Phillip hugging his new Woody toy
Boathouse Row Painting
- Watching the Christmas Devotional with my family
- Bountiful light parade (my kind of parade that lasts for only 5 minutes)
- Bowling with Pete's work
- Taking the kids to see Santa
- Our light show (we sat in our car almost every night to watch)
- Hot chocolate party at my house
- Christmas Eve with the Olsens
- Christmas Day at Pari and Becca's House
- Sunset street party
- Going to DI or looking at Pete's finds from DI for Christmas, Easter, and birthdays (Toy storage instead of food storage :-)
- Trains - Pete got his old grandpa's train to work again. It is from the early 1900s. Now we have a train and Christmas village set up.
- Popcorn Tins - Phillip LOVES popcorn. We caught a picture of him sacked out on the side of one. As you can see, chedder is his favorite, then butter, then caramel.
- Getting Christmas cards - It's great to see peoples pictures and get letters. It's funny how learn stuff about my sisters in their christmas letters even though I talk to them almost everyday.
- Losing receipts - I kept on finding items that I had already bought for cheaper, but to my dismay, I couldn't find the receipt. I should tape the receipt to any item next year.
- Blowing Fuses - We kept plugging in new lights to our show and had to spend hours calibrating the amperage for each candy cane and icicle light.
- Snow Storms - We almost go stuck at Pari's house and had to sleep over at Becca's house. I guess it is kind of a highlight because I love sleepovers. :-)
Christmas Day recap -
Phillip was SOOO excited for his presents. He got a bunch of Toy Story stuff and Cars stuff and his own electric train. You can see a picture of him asleep hugging his new Woody.
Lily got some baby toys and a dolly. She loved the bouncing ball toy that I got her.
I took a picture of Pete's present with my present :-) Pete got me a Canon Rebel digital camera. I didn't need it, but I LOVE it. I need to figure out a protection solution because I don't trust myself to carry it in my purse where milk or bottles always spill.
I painted Pete a picture of Boathouse Row in Philadelphia. He has always wanted a painting of it. The miracle of Christmas is that I was able to finish it :-) I also got Pete a Star Wars light saber which is pretty awesome.
Overall it was a GREAT Christmas season. I feel so blessed to have such a great family and to be around so much family this time of year. I hope this entry finds all of you well and gearing up for one more Holiday party... New Years!