Saturday, October 25, 2008

Garage Sale!


My family noticed some garage sale signs so this morning I checked the listings when I got up. Pete's Mom was nice to come over and sit with the kids for an hour. We only made it to one estate sale. It was GREAT! We got some cool vintage Christmas decorations (amber lights, santa, chasing lights, and ornaments). We also got a vintage fireman hat. A guy offered me 8$ for the fireman hat right after I bought it. I thought to sell it to him to help with the garage sale budget, but my Spidey sense thought that if this professional garage saler is offering me $8, then it must be worth a lot more. I just checked e-bay and there is one going for $80. Crazy! We got a cool red table for our downstairs kitchen, a small milk jug, some cool fabrics and an old fisherprice xylophone toy. We spent in all $22. We bought a santa from Walmart for $20, so once we return that we will be out only $2.

My favorite find is a poca-dot dress. My eye caught site of the black poca-dots and I thought I could use the fabric for something. However, I came home and tried on the dress and it is a perfect fit! I took a picture with our webcam, but you get the idea. I never find dresses that fit in the store, let alone at a garage sale!

11 comments:

Mommily said...

Cathy-great finds!!! I want to see the pictures of the vintage decorations. I think garage selling dates are the best ones and a lot cheaper.

alison said...

I love that dress! You are a good bargain shopper.

Becca said...

There is something weird about this picture. is it a mirror image?

Paige said...

Cathy,
I am impressed!! I pride myself on good finds and you definitely are surpassing me!! Love the dress, looks darling on you!!

Becca said...

ute dress by the way... I'm jealous of all of your great junk!

Mommymita said...

I knew there was a reason my heart started racing when I drove by all the yard sale signs around your house yesterday - you got great stuff! I didnt have the energy to blog mine today. /i got great stuff just not as cool as yours

Somewhere there is a twin figure of you because tgat dress looks great!

Mommily said...

Cathy--I love your santa and fireman hat!!!!

Cathy said...

The picture in the dress is with the webcam... that's why everything is backwards. :-)

Dad Wirthlin said...

Love those old milk containers.. great for making homemade root beer as you did at the party. We used to have them when we had a family milking cow. good find

love Dad

Thinker said...

Hi- that looks like some good junk - did they have any rat stuff?

Mary said...

Wow Cathy! Good stuff...