Saturday, November 08, 2008

Happy Birthday Pete!

Pete had his birthday on Thursday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! In the words of Phillip, "You are THE MAZING!" Thank you for all of your hard work, fun times, and remarkable penmanship! Ha! I am glad that I can be with someone who likes to have fun and be silly as much as I do :-)

We had a fun night out together. We went to Texas Roadhouse and got the two meals for $16.95 (it's a GREAT deal) and watched "Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde" at Rodgers Memorial theater in Bountiful. We even had time to stop at DI and found a cool Oreo cookie jar. It was great time to celebrate. Pete's favorite present was the remote control helicopter. It's already broken, but since it has only been a few weeks we will return it to the store and get a new one. Good thing I bought the protection plan!!

I tried out a new recipe which was actually pretty good. It is from Nigella Feasts. Alton Brown (from FoodNetwork) would classify this cake as a "Butter Cake" which is a modification of a pound cake. You don't need cake flour or anything special. You just need to have the ingredients at room temperature. Dump it all in the food processor and then bake. My bake time was about 12 minutes. You just have to watch and see how fast they cook. They were really moist. I think it would be interesting to try substituting one of the tsp of vanilla for lemon juice.

Well, this is the last of our fall birthdays. Now we have our wedding anniversary and Christmas. I'll start keeping my eye out for a mini-van for my birthday next year! When I ask Phillip if I should get a new car he says, "YEAH, you be good, you get points for a prize."
So... If a point has a monetary value of about 10 to 25 cents, how many points do I need for a mini van? What should I do to earn points? ha!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Pete!!!

Thanks for the recipe--I will have to compare to Al's chocolate cupcake recipe she posted.

Cathy I think another baby would be worth a couple thousand points. :)

sunshine family said...

agree with emily on that one....another baby=enough mini van points!

KAley

alison said...

Wait wait wait....you aren't getting a mini van. You are getting a pool. I thought Pete and I already agreed to this at one of my dentist appointments.

Mary said...

ask Cookie Dough the math question.

Mommymita said...

our points are worth 3 cents. I now have the kids wanting to just cash them in for cash.

I'd like to save up some points for a few things also.

Happy Birthday Dentist....wouldn't it be sick if Cathy made you some sort of a tooth paste cupcake. just a random thought - good thing she didn't