Monday, September 22, 2008

Rescue Jungle Party

Well, Phillip turns three on Wednesday. I can't believe it has already been three years. It seems like only yesterday that we were anxiously waiting to have Phillip. I even started crying when Britney Spears had her baby before me. (I was 12 days late with Phillip and it wasn't fair because she was due after me!) ha!

Phillip has been so much fun and has the funniest personality. Lately Phillip loves to help Pete "Fix." He often says, "Dad, you're the Mazing! You're the Mazing Boy!" He's starting to repeat stuff that we say. One time, he was getting frustrated that I wasn't listening to what he was saying. He said, "You need to listen, the FIRST time!"





















For his birthday party, I had my heart set on a Jungle party. But, because of his recent interest in Diego, we had a Jungle Rescue Party.

Of course, we got into the dress-ups. We did the chicken dance, the Elephant walk, and rescued stuffed animals around the yard. It's funny how hours of planning result in a 15 minute game at a party. The best part of parties is people eating good food and having a fun time. We even had an impromptu karaoke jam! We are so glad that Pete's dad is better and can share his love of Frank Sinatra. ;-) Pete's Sister Paige also really got into the singing.




7 comments:

alison said...

I wish I had a video of him running around our yard chasing Max. He looked SO CUTE and it was so funny!!! I heard your chickens the other day. We are going to come over and see them.

Pete said...

You are the Mazing! I can't believe what a great party you threw. The food was awesome, and everyone had a great time. It is funny how a little karaoke and costumes can bring out the best in people!

Buffy said...

You are a perfect party planner. You are the best!! The cupcakes are adorable. Great job Mom!!

By the way, I love your chickens and your post. Very cute. That is great that you found an egg in the jogger. :D haha

Mommymita said...

Cathy - is that a Diego costume you are wearing? What a mom! I think you have to wear it to his birthday party part II with the other cousins. You know wear it out in public at the childrens museum.

Mommymita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paige said...

Cathy,
Great pics! I love it! You are so creative and I'm going to have you be my party planner from now on! When I grow up I want to be just like you.

Becca said...

Cathy,
that party looked like a blast! Happy Birthday to Phillip. I like how he kept on thinking that you guys were coming to our house for his birthday again. The cupcakes look really yummy! We can't wait for the next party on Monday at the Gateway!