Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Merry Christmas Update!

Lily & Austin Christmas Day

It has been a while since my last update. It has been a BUSY Christmas season!

We celebrated our 4th Anniversary. I think I love Christmas time because it reminds me of when we got married. After 4 years of marriage we have owned 3 different houses, lived in 3 different time zones, and have two wonderful kids and four chickens. We have done a lot, but we have had a lot of fun along the way :-)

Phillip comatose from too much popcorn


Phillip and Lily opening Santa's presents

















Phillip hugging his new Woody toy


















Boathouse Row Painting




Highlights:
  • Watching the Christmas Devotional with my family
  • Bountiful light parade (my kind of parade that lasts for only 5 minutes)
  • Bowling with Pete's work
  • Taking the kids to see Santa
  • Our light show (we sat in our car almost every night to watch)
  • Hot chocolate party at my house
  • Christmas Eve with the Olsens
  • Christmas Day at Pari and Becca's House
  • Sunset street party
  • Going to DI or looking at Pete's finds from DI for Christmas, Easter, and birthdays (Toy storage instead of food storage :-)
  • Trains - Pete got his old grandpa's train to work again. It is from the early 1900s. Now we have a train and Christmas village set up.
  • Popcorn Tins - Phillip LOVES popcorn. We caught a picture of him sacked out on the side of one. As you can see, chedder is his favorite, then butter, then caramel.
  • Getting Christmas cards - It's great to see peoples pictures and get letters. It's funny how learn stuff about my sisters in their christmas letters even though I talk to them almost everyday.

Low Lights
  • Losing receipts - I kept on finding items that I had already bought for cheaper, but to my dismay, I couldn't find the receipt. I should tape the receipt to any item next year.
  • Blowing Fuses - We kept plugging in new lights to our show and had to spend hours calibrating the amperage for each candy cane and icicle light.
  • Snow Storms - We almost go stuck at Pari's house and had to sleep over at Becca's house. I guess it is kind of a highlight because I love sleepovers. :-)



Christmas Day recap -
Phillip was SOOO excited for his presents. He got a bunch of Toy Story stuff and Cars stuff and his own electric train. You can see a picture of him asleep hugging his new Woody.

Lily got some baby toys and a dolly. She loved the bouncing ball toy that I got her.

I took a picture of Pete's present with my present :-) Pete got me a Canon Rebel digital camera. I didn't need it, but I LOVE it. I need to figure out a protection solution because I don't trust myself to carry it in my purse where milk or bottles always spill.

I painted Pete a picture of Boathouse Row in Philadelphia. He has always wanted a painting of it. The miracle of Christmas is that I was able to finish it :-) I also got Pete a Star Wars light saber which is pretty awesome.

Overall it was a GREAT Christmas season. I feel so blessed to have such a great family and to be around so much family this time of year. I hope this entry finds all of you well and gearing up for one more Holiday party... New Years!

8 comments:

Anica said...

Wow, your painting is so good! I didn't know you could paint too! Nice work!

Becky said...

Wow! I am also so impressed with that picture. Cathy, you continue to amaze me with your energy and talents! We should start a business - I'll sell your paintings in Philly, for a commission, of course. Happy New Year!

Becky said...

I should also say I'm continually impressed with Pete's light shows as well. Of course, I'm sure they're more amazing in person.

Paige said...

Cathy,
I LOVE the picture of Boathouse row! Wow, you are talented. Phillip could survive on popcorn and chocolate, if you'd let him:)

Dad Wirthlin said...

Hi Cathy.. it was so fun at your place on New Years Eve. So many great treats.

I loved the fondue and Pete did ok for not having Swiss Genes. That fondue was better than in many resteraunts. I was also thrilled to get the latest addition to our kitchen appliance arms race... the Cuisinart fondue maker which will get good use. I haven't had homemade fondue since my mission in Switerland 50 years ago.

Really good Cathy and we had such a gret time... love Dad

Mommymita said...

CAthy you always throw a good party..... The kids say "parties at Cathy's house rock"

I like your painting too.

Sorry the day we hung out was so boring it didn't make either list.

Cannon Fam said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun, busy xmas! I didn't know you are a painter! That Boathouse Row painting is awesome!

Mary said...

Wow- you are so talented! When did you learn how to paint?