Monday, December 01, 2008

It's that Time of year!

































































Well, we have been busy on our Christmas decorating and getting our Christmas lights outside.   I'll post a video of the light show on another post.  I had fun decorating the house, but it was a week long project.   

I ventured out on black friday with the two kids at 8:30 am.  Most of the door busters were gone, but I found some good deals.  Above is a picture of phillip wearing his new jacket and laying on a blanket that we bought.  He was a little pooped from the shopping!   

We went to Temple Square to see the christmas lights.  Phillip loved seeing the lights and the nativity.  I said, "Isn't this pretty?" and he said, "It's not pretty, it's cool."  Phillip has been saying funny things lately.  Out of the blue one day he said, "Mommy, am I driving you crazy?"  ha!  I felt bad. I have to watch what I say to him.  Now when Lily is crying he says, "You are driving ME crazy!"

Now all I need to do is finish our Christmas cards.  I love christmas time!




8 comments:

Mommymita said...

Great pictures! Do you want to take our Christmas card pic? (since I've decided to switch my hair again)

You are a brave soul to be out there with the little kiddos. Phillip was smart to just curl up in a ball and avoid the rush.

I keep checking in waiting for your show!

Dad Wirthlin said...

Really nice photos Cathy.. we were there on Saturday night and Twmple Square was packed...(see my blog hint)

Love, Dad.. we just heard that Elder Wirthlin passed away

Emily said...

Great pictures!! Which camera did you use? The lights are so pretty in the background.

Mary said...

Lily is so cute in that little Santa coat! Can't wait to see your light show post.

Buffy said...

I love the cute things kids say. C'mon mom...things to boys are cool. Cute pics! Emily keeps hugging the CHristmas tree and saying, "I love you Puff." I guess the kids named our puffy tree. :D

Tawna Davies said...

If you are doing a light show for Christmas, I hope you put it on your blog. I was way impressed with the Halloween one. Way to go!

alison said...

My kids won't stop talking about your house. Michael thinks I should submit your house into the Clipper for Christmas decorations.

I am a bit disappointed about the mini van. I was kind of hoping you'd get the pool! Oh well, I'd even pay for swimming fees. Maybe next year. Will you start saving again?

I swear you never stop. You guys just keep going and going!

Melissa said...

Cathy-Thanks for the fun Christmas card. You sure have cute kids! It was fun to hear what you have been up to. Forgive me for not sending out cards this year. I am due in three weeks with number three, and have decided to focus on a baby announcement instead. :) Cool new ride by the way! We also have a Honda Odyssey in that same color! I love it and feel very "official" now as a mom! Tell Pete hi.
Missy