Thursday, August 14, 2008

Summer Recap









Pete and Phillip "Fishing" at Wasatch Park






















Phillip dancing at the Bountiful Pioneer Parade.









Our Chicken Eggs!






This has been a busy summer. I feel like it has flown by. Here are my highlights and lowlights of Summer


Highlights:
1. Fireworks - We had fun doing fireworks and watching fireworks for both the 4th and 24th. We watched the Bountiful fireworks from Pete's Parents Deck. Now every night Phillip asks for fireworks.


2. Barbecues - I've gained a little weight after all of the barbecues that we have had. I think my favorite combination is RayAnne's Jell-o, Ribs, potato salad, hamburger, hot dog, coleslaw, and beans ... wait maybe that's why I gained weight. I can't say anything about corn on the cob because I can't eat it with my braces.


3. Swimming - We had fun swimming at Becca's in-law's pool. We even got a sneak peak at the neighborhood pool. We even turned down the temperature on our hot tub so that it would be refreshing to get into during the heat of the summer.


4. Chicken eggs - We finally have chicken eggs! Finally, a return on our investment! Here is a picture of the eggs next to the Costco eggs.


5. Passing my CISA test. I'm now a Certified Information Systems Auditor. I have also been an Sanitation Engineer (Janitor), Entrepreneur (tying balloons for people at restaurants), and cake decorator.


Low Lights


1. A not so bountiful harvest. I spent a considerable amount of time and a little money on my first vegetable garden. I had little starts all around the yard. Pete thought that I had a systematic thought process and that I was testing the soil and sun exposure in our yard. No... I just went to Lowes, Home Depot, and J&L garden too much on an empty stomach. The chickens ate all of my cucumbers, and squash. Phillip keeps picking my green tomatoes. I guess there is always next year.


2. Sick Kids and getting sick - This summer we had a few bugs move through the family. Nothing like the cryptosperidium from last year.


3. It all goes by sooo quickly - Lily is sitting up and eating rice cereal. She is always playing with her toys and starts to grab at our food. She even had a nacho chip because she grabbed it really quick off my plate and shoved it in her mouth. I guess it's o.k. because I once gave my nephew James a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and Doritos when he was 5 months old. He turned out o.k. :-) Here's a picture of Lily in her exersaucer. How do you like our application of the label maker?







5 comments:

RayAnne said...

I'm so impressed with your eggs! Congratulations on passing your test!

Mommymita said...

Did you eat the eggs or are you saving them?

I'm sorry about your garden - I'm just glad Phillip picked the tomatoes and not the eggs. He may have dropped them or even worse tried to eat them raw.

Mary said...

Thanks for inviting us to the cabin and sharing the fishing memory.

Your eggs look really ORGANIC.

Aren't label makers great?!!

Emily said...

Your eggs are more colorful than costco--totally organic. Good job on passing your test--My kids do miss the balloon lady though.

Dad Wirthlin said...

Congratulations on those eggs.. you are a real certified licensed Bountiful Hillbilly

Will any of those chickens end up in the soup caldron?

Love Dad