Saturday, November 15, 2008

Garage Sale! In November!?


Well, I think Al has a 6th sense. She has an uncanny ability to foretell a GREAT garage sale. I didn't think to check the ads in the middle of November, but I guess people are always getting rid of junk. The title of the ad was, "My mom had a lot of stuff."

It was an estate sale and we got a LOT of stuff for $20:

One garden hose container
One door flag
One flag pole with a flag (will use for our light show)
Box of old tractor toys and trucks
A bunch of amber glasses (I kept breaking our IKEA glasses so I told pete to be on the lookout for new glasses)
Some vintage platters - They will be great for 7-layer dip
Two vintage Mr. Potato Heads
Two hand-made metallic airplane music boxes
1950's lamp
Old church magazines - Young Women Improvement (1910) Friend (1915) and some Relief Society magazines (see the picture below). I wish I got more, but I thought that a few of each would be enough. They are fun to read through it.

2 comments:

Mommily said...

Cathy I think you should quote something from one of those magazine in your next talk. I like your glasses.

Mommymita said...

great junk! I'm tempted to go DC "saling" with you some time