Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Happy Halloween

Well, We are quite the 'Griswold' family. We already have our Halloween lights up. We got some software and hardware to time the lights to Halloween songs. We saw a house in California that did this for Christmas and we were inspired.

Pete was able to program all of the light sequences. The Orange lights are from our large Christmas lights, but we replaced all of the bulbs with orange lights. We have a FM transmitter so that we don't have to play the songs out loud. (That would get the neighbors mad pretty quickly :-) So, if you are in the neighborhood, tune to 106.7 FM. :-)

We will have a Christmas show as well with the nativity story and everything.

Enjoy the videos. Lily was bouncing in my lap and grabbing at the camera, so footage is a little shaky.

"This is Halloween" from Nightmare before Christmas




The Adams Family Theme song:

9 comments:

Becca said...

Great job on the lights. You guys are so festive. I like hearing Lily in the background.

alison said...

Oh dear, will I have to pretend I don't know you when I walk past your house?

Mommily said...

That is great!! You will be the holiday light trend setter here in Utah. What are you dressing up as this year?

Mommymita said...

that is kind of creepy. you better dish out some really good treats with that kind of set up.

Can i tune in from here just for fun?

Apt #6 said...

I wanted to give you a birthday shout out on my blog by posting your amazing Halloween videos. I also want to tell all my blog readers who live in Utah to see your house....
But I can't steal the vid from your blog.
Enjoy your birthday!
Can't wait to see what decorations you come up with for Thanksgiving!
-Jamie Nichols

Mary said...

Great show. There are some homes in Texas that do this for Christmas. It's amazing - like watching the water/light show at the Bellagio. Check out their videos on youtube for ideas.

Buffy said...

I love it. You guys are the best. I want to be a kid at your house. :D Happy Halloween!!

Suz said...

Everyone should invest in one of these light shows. AWESOME... ahh the good life of Utah suburbia

Paige said...

Cathy,
I love your musical lights and holiday festiveness. I'm so glad you live close so my kids can benefit from your creativity!!