Sunday, January 10, 2010

Screaming in the New Year













I thought I'd post that funny picture of Amelia, our New Years Baby, screaming with all of the New Year's paraphernalia.

So we are already 10 days into the NEW YEAR! I was cleaning out my documents on my computer and I found a eating journal with one entry from January 9, 2009. (the file name was 'eating log star date 1.9.2009' I am a nerd! I thought .. that's funny I was trying to lose weight right before I got pregnant.

So I think I will share my New Years goals, so that maybe I will have a better chance of completing them. In no particular order:

1) Running - I want to run the Provo Half Marathon. I should have enough time to build up mileage by the end of summer. The only problem will be on Saturdays will be, do I go on a long run? or do I go garage saling? ... Probably garage saling

2) CISSP - I've had these HUGE study books on my shelf or almost a year now. I think it's now or never that I become a Certified Information Systems Security Professional. I'm already a CISM (Certified Insane Silly Mommy) :-)

3) Paint - I want to paint at least one picture this year. Last year with the remodel, I didn't have a painting spot. Right now Pete is fixing up the downstairs kitchen which will be a great spot with enough light and ventilation to paint. I may take a class at the Bountiful Art Center. We'll See.

4) Write a book about computer security

These are pretty ambitious goals. I will be glad to check one goal off my list. :-) I guess I should have baby steps with the 3 kids - shower, eat, and make sure the laundry pile doesn't get taller than me. (It's not very hard, I'm kind of short) ha!

3 comments:

Mommymita said...

Awesome book idea! You can use me in many of your case studies or examples of what not to do

Becky said...

Genius! I think it is a great book idea, and so does Tim. I'd buy a copy and one for my mom! Tim says you shouldn't have posted it b/c now someone will steal the idea!!! So, get an agent now!

Alternatively, maybe you should start a Virtual Home security guide blog now. That would be super helpful to me.

Emily said...

Great goals!!! Go Cathy!!!! My desk top drove Johnny crazy and made me go through and clean it up. haha--I think I need your book.