Monday, January 11, 2010

I Can't Leave DI empty handed



So, after cleaning out our closets, Pete and I had about 8 garbage bags full of clothes. It was SO nice to get rid of stuff and feel less cluttered. When we took the stuff to DI I thought, "I don't think we should get anything, since we JUST cleaned out."

Pete walked through the store. He said, there is a Federalist dining table. My eyes got really big. I may have inherited my mom's gene of loving antiques. I went in and ran back to the car and told Pete I wanted it. I held onto the table while Pete brought the kids inside. Pete said that I was glaring at anyone who was looking at the table. (a little territorial?) So, for $75 we got a Federalist dining table which can seat 12 people once the leaves are in. Right now it's in the corner of our living room.

6 comments:

Mommymita said...

I've got the same problem but glad you found something that can add seating to all your parties!

Shmacque said...

I don't blame you, that is beautiful. When am I going to see those cute kids of yours again??

RayAnne said...

Score!

Emily said...

Nothing like finding a great deal at DI to get you through the cold winter of no garage saling.

Buffy said...

That is awesome. I am so happy for you. I never find deals!

Suz said...

So fun. I wish someday i could settle down and shop at D.I. i would probably go everyday.