Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Digital Flop

Yeah, I tried to upgrade my RAM on my computer. It didn't work out. Here's a link to the post.

I was so frustrated. Also, my nano ipod konked out on me. (I'm not very easy on my electronics). It makes me a little sad ... Pete bought it for me when Phillip was born! Weird! (I guess that's what happens when you prefer techie gadgets instead of things that last). I went to Walmart to get a little pick-me-up: a new shuffle. "An Apple a day keeps the Dr. away!"

My favorite aspect of the shuffle is the voice commands that helps you navigate your playlists. Here are a few of my favorite play list titles: "Running like a cool cat" "Running like a spaz" "Teenybopper mix" "Cathys 35 minute trim down" "Ultimate Cleaning mix." It's really funny to hear the computer voice recite all of my silly play lists.

Here's my problem... I'm a techie junky. I love to find good solutions to replace or add to my array of gadgets. The problem is I usually buy the gadget before everyone else does. Then, I tell everyone how great it is. Then ... (here's the kicker) a few months later everyone gets the same gadget that is BETTER and is CHEAPER than what I had already paid.

I think there are 8 family members that have bought MAC computers. It was a little bit sad when my mom had a much faster Mac computer than me! I can't even count how many people have bought the flip. And you know what .. It is ALL because of me!! It's not that they are good products. It's because of MEEE!! ha!

Just so you know I fully endorse "The Flip" for a video camera for moms. You can get a Flip Mino which is the size of a cell phone and shoot in HD. It's about $100 at Costco. Please let me know if you buy a flip so I can send them a bill.

5 comments:

Mommymita said...

Good thing you don't have a "running like a horse" mix or you might break your leg again

I need some of those mixes - especially the clean the house mix

You are a great tech consultant!

Cathy said...

Editor's note: When I was in high school I ran track. The day before the regional meet the coach told us to run one lap and go home and get some rest. I had too much energy to just jog. I started pretending to gallop like a horse. All of a sudden I fell on my foot wrong and sprained my ankle. I had to get a cast and missed regionals. My sister drew a horse on my cast and said, "Stop Horsing around!"

Penny said...

That's super funny, the horse thing. I want the new flip for sure, but don't know if I can get it yet. You deserve a little kick back babe! I love that you guys get everything first though, cause if it's crappy, I'm not out a dime :) LOL

Mommily said...

Hey Cathy--I want a copy of your mixs. Remember when you put 20 songs on my mp3 when I bought one when they first came out---those songs were the only songs (including the song "Cathy the Clown") I had on it for 2 years because I could not figure out how to put more on. haha

Becca said...

Cathy,
Don't worry, soon you will have a new mac faster and better than all of ours!