Monday, March 15, 2010

If you give me a lighted shamrock ...


Like the book, "If you give a mouse a cookie..." It all started with the clearance lighted shamrocks. Pete bought them last year at his favorite place to get clearance holiday items: Rite Aide.

I saw the shamrocks and thought, "hmm I ought to hang those up somewhere." I was going to hang them inside, but they were a little bright. So I looked outside. "Hmmm... I also have the 20 yards of green rope light .. I should pull that out."

Then, and this is the best part, I realized that we still have the roof lights on the house from Christmas and plugged in the green lights. I set it all up on March 1st. It was a little obnoxious so I haven't turned it on until tonight.

So the next two days we will pretend we are proud Irish. Don't worry, I'll pull it down in a few days to get ready for our EASTER LIGHTS!! (Just kidding!)

3 comments:

Becca said...

Awesome! Are you and Pete going to dress up in traditional Irish garb? Your house looks cool in green at night.

Emily said...

That is great!!! Your house is the coolest house on the block!!

Mommymita said...

That is funny! when will the fun ever end?