Saturday, March 20, 2010

Garage Sale Clothes!






I've always been jealous of my sister Emily who gets great clothes at garage sales. 7 Jeans, True Religion all for pennies.

I went to the mall last night because I had a Banana gift card and they have a 30% of sale for everything in the store (sale goes through today for also Gap and Old Navy). I was excited to get a shirt which cost about $30.

Last night I was looking for garage sales and I even looked in Farmington, thinking that there are younger people there and I would have better luck getting clothes. I got out the door this morning to look at an estate sale in the older part of Bountiful. I was expecting vintage knick knacks. I got there and there were clothes ... clothes .. CLOTHES!! They were all my size. She had my same coloring. We have the same style! It's like I had a personal shopper, but she wore the clothes first and then gave them to me for pennies.

This is what I spent $25:
BCBG lounge suit
Juicy lounge suit
Two sweaters from Anthropology
7 Jeans (they are skinny jeans, I need to figure out that look)
some baby-doll tees
some printed tees
scarf
3 or 4 more blouses
white peddle pusher shorts
bracelet, scarf
and a few more items, I can't remember.

Now I'm rethinking that Banana shirt ... hmmm...

My sister was joking that these clothes are probably 2 to 3 years behind fashion (let's face it we live and Utah and I bought the clothes at a garage sale). But for me, most of my clothes are circa 2002, 2003. So, a pile of clothes from 2007, or 2008 is GREAT!!

I'll have to write a post about it at our new mom style blog. It's a blog where we have multiple contributors and talk and laugh about our "Mom Style." The Mom Look. Check it out!

8 comments:

Penny said...

Super cute! You look incredible! You are SKINNY!!!!! I haven't seen you guys for a few weeks.

Shmacque said...

I'm so excited for Garage Sales, I've never been a big timer though.. Next post should be Garage Sales for Dummies!!

Emily said...

Wow!! Great sale to start off the season. The clothes are really cute. I went to one sale today where a guy that supplies T-shirts and sweatshirts to wallmart was selling all his brand new surplus. I bought 4 sweatshirts and 2 tshirts. Love a bargain!!!

Mommymita said...

That is great! I'm so jealous... designer clothes at an estate sale? Was it an old lady? or what?

Salvation Army is my new Target but I'm hoping to figure out the garage sale scene here

Becca said...

Those clothes are perfect for you! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Approvingly your article helped me altogether much in my college assignment. Hats off to you enter, intention look progressive for more interdependent articles soon as its sole of my pet subject-matter to read.

Buffy said...

Love it!! I don't ever have that kind of luck. They are cute and I agree that 07/08 is a step up from 02. I'm in the same boat so I can laugh about it. I can't wait to read the other blog.

Weizhong said...

I am so jealous of UT garage sales...one thing I really miss!

hey, send me a link to the mom blog so that I can post stuff...it is so funny :)

kaleywilliams@yahoo.com