Saturday, November 28, 2009

Fall Art



With Thanksgiving behind us, we are in FULL SWING of our Christmas festivities. I took a picture of one of my projects and wanted to post it before it isn't relevant. I made leaf art for Pete's birthday present. Before Amelia was born, the trees in our back yard were really pretty. Here's a link to a picture. Phillip and I collected a lot of leaves. I think in all we collected about 50. I tried to get varying shades of color in the same kind of leaf. I don't think you can collect too much.

We put the leaves within 4 of our Harry Potter books. I think it was about 4 weeks time and they were dry by Pete's birthday.

Once they were dry, I glued the dry leaves onto white paper with Elmer's glue. I had a nice frame with a matte (for kids pictures) and stuck the leaf art in the frame. It was a fun project. Now we can pull it out next fall.

Here's a picture of me and the kids decorating for Christmas. I finally cleaned up my mess yesterday. I'll post some videos of our Christmas show soon!


6 comments:

Mommymita said...

Nothing like a Tie dye T shirt to get you in full project mode. Great leaf picture and we can't wait to see this years show online

Thinker said...

Did you use the 4 longest Harry Potter books for the leaves?

Emily said...

Wow--I didn't know you made those pictures, they look great. You are so talented!!!!

Becca said...

I love the fall art....maybe I'll copy you next year.

mmc48 said...

Hi Cathy,

I love your fall art project! And your kids are ridiculously cute. Hope you're well!

Paige said...

Love the fall art project. Okay, if you can keep up to date on your blog, with a newborn, I should be able to do mine. Maybe tomorrow:) BTW, I'm so sore I can't walk.