Friday, October 16, 2009

Post Due-Date Pick-me-ups

Sooo ... I have geared myself up for a week of post due-date blues. I had false labor the day after the Halloween party, and now the days seem to drag on.

Here are some fun things we have done to fill the time:

Decorate cookies:
I invited the girls I visit teach over to use up the rest of the frosting and sugar cookie dough. We had some fun with the new sugar colors I got for Halloween :-) Pete gave my cookies to his home teaching families. (Killed two birds with one stone :-)












Caramel Apples:
I invited a family over to make caramel and candy apples. We made these last year. After I burned both the caramel and the candy I realized that this was one of the things that Pete did and I thought I knew what I was doing. Oh well .. the kids liked them :-) I was more successful when I made them with James for his birthday.













Fall Colors:
I took some pictures of our trees on our side yard. I am pressing some of the leaves for a possible decorating project.













Garage Sales and Thrift Stores:
Pete came home with a 4ft tall stuffed Homer from DI.
I would say that is one of my favorite finds. :-)









Cute kids:
Phillip and Lily I think sense that we will have a big change soon. But they had fun today when I got on the trampoline. Maybe the bouncing will help!


4 comments:

sunshine family said...

I've been thinking about you - hoping all goes well with the delivery! Hang in there! I already feel like I am going to bust... the kiddos look really cute :)

Kaley

Emily said...

Cathy your cookies are so beautiful!!! Can't wait to see the new little one. :)

Elizabeth said...

I am so excited for you! :) Your kids are so cute and so Wirthlin! :)

Suz said...

Cathy - can I have your recipes for cookie dough and frosting? I never seem to get it right!