Friday, October 02, 2009

Random Project - Halloween Wreath


So... we have started digging out all of our Halloween decor. Pete had found a dried gourd from DI and we had saved it to make a Halloween decoration. (I got the idea from an artist at Swiss Days). I made a Pumpkin ghost figurine.


















I thought it would be cool to have a halloween wreath to go with everything. Pete had a good idea and told me to use a fall wreath that we bought at a garage sale. I wish I had taken a before picture. Anywho, I spray painted the wreath black. I took the gourds off the wreath and made them into pumpkin, witch, and ghost figurines. I won't say how long it took because it was a really random project.










It looks good on our mantel next to all of the candy decor. (BTW, Lily is the candy police and begs for candy every time someone is grabbing some candy) :-)

8 comments:

Penny said...

You are so creative! I LOVE everthing, even if I do make fun of you guys! I love it!

Mommymita said...

I call that some serious halloween nesting.

I hope you have this much energy when Christmas comes around because I've seen some pretty cute santa and snowman painted gourds as well.

Have your kids figured out how to swipe from the decorative candy jars? We'll have to keep an eye on Maryanna at the big party.

Cathy said...

Luckily the mantel is too tall for our kids. But We'll see if Maryanna can get around it :-)

The Christmas gourds are cute! If anyone comes across a dried gourd, save it for me :-)

RayAnne said...

I love your painted gourds! I grew gourds a few years ago with great plans to paint or do whatever with them. They ended up in the garbage can. Maybe we will have to grow them again!

Shmacque said...

Ok, that is really cute!! I may have to try my hand at that some time!!

Paige said...

I love it! I can hardly wait for the big party! So glad it's at your house:) I wish I were as artistically gifted as you. How 'bout I help you organize and you help me be artistic? When I grow up I wanna be just like you:)

Anica said...

Those are so cute!

Emily said...

Wow!!! Cathy very cute and impressive. It doesn't matter how long it took you because I can tell you had fun doing it. Way to refurbish garage sale junk. :)