Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Halloween Birthday Party

Well, when we were trying to plan our Halloween party, it seemed like there was a college football game every weekend. And then there is the little event of have a baby in the middle of the month. So... we decided to have a family night Halloween party on my BIRTHDAY. Yay!

THEN:


















Here is a picture of me on BYU campus the first time I struck out on town in the pumpkin outfit. I had to use a pillow to fill out the costume. It was kind of hard to sit at the computer lab in the Tanner building. Pete is glad that I was silly enough to stay single until we met in Philly :-)

NOW:
I didn't need a Pillow this year :-) Great Pregnancy costume. Seven years later, married with 2 kids and 1 on the way. The good 'ole pumpkin costume is always great any time of the year :-)




























Here are some highlights:
Cotton Candy - Edible Witches Hair



















Costumes:
Best Couple costume! - Oma and Opa Wirthlin


















Scariest Costume: phillip (mummy)


















Lots of other great costumes but I was so busy I didn't get pictures of everyone!!

Doughnuts on a string:














We also did bobbing for apples, decorating cookies. We had a live Star Wars fight outside with Pete dressed as Obi Wan Kanobe (spelling?) and Paul Hatch as Darth Vader. It was pretty great for the little boys, Phillip especially, and REALLY scary for the little girls.

Melanie and I did a Skelebones dance with black lights.

We kicked off the Halloween light show at the end of the festivities.

There were about 65 people that came to the party. CRAZY!

Great times! Great Food! Thanks for everyone who came and helped out! Thank you to Pete who did a LOT of the work for the party. I LOVE parties, I LOVE dressing up, and I LOVE halloween.

9 comments:

Shmacque said...

You and Rachel Lowry are an inspiration to me, seriously wanna be like you guys with your fun creative parties. Also way to be planning and pulling that off as a pregnant working mom!! Happy Birthday!!

Penny said...

What do you mean stayed goofy UNTIL you met in Philly, or continued to stay goofy?!?! I love you! It was so fun! Thanks for all your hard work! Love you guys! Brinklee wasn't a fan of Star Wars though :( Scared the crap right out of her! My favorite part was your dad, "WHAT is that little girl wearing, a jockstrap?" I had an asthma attach I was laughing so hard :)

Hyrum and Stacey Taft said...

Cathy you look great! Your guys party sounded like a blast! Are you guys running your halloween light show at night? If so, we are definitely going to come by and see! Let us know when you have the baby.

Cathy said...

Yes, the Halloween show is up and running. 6Pm to 9PM. There is a sign up front with the radio station. :-) HAPPY HALLOWEEN.

Emily said...

Cathy ---Great party!!!! Everyone had a lot of fun. Thanks for all the time and energy it took you and Pete. We loved the lights show!

Emily said...

p.s. Didn't you wear that pumpkin costume to a home BYU game once too? :)

Cathy said...

Yes, I did wear the pumpkin outfit to a BYU game :-)

Mommymita said...

Great party! Keep dancing in the black light and maybe the baby will come early

Becca said...

That party was awesome, Cathy! Thanks for all of your hard work!

You forgot to mention that the costume was originally made for a 9-year-old and you can still wear it 9 1/2 months pregnant!