Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Kids for Clean Air!


We had a "Clean Air" rally today at the capital. It was a little tricky getting there with the two kids. Luckily a lady helped me with the stroller up the big steps. They stuck me in front of the steps in the Rotunda. Someone was passing out gas masks and as I said before ... my kids like to dress up. Phillip wanted to be Darth Vader. There was a gas mask for an adult and he said, "You want to be Darth Vader too?" He kept asking and asking so I put it on for a second. Then I heard all of the photographers clicking away. Someone from the Davis County Clipper and the Salt Lake Tribune asked for our names. Ha!

Here's a clip from the ksl news. It shows Phillip and me in our Gas Masks. ha!!

I met up with Al who was brave enough to bring 6 kids to the capital. Her boys made great signs. James and William got a good lesson on legislation and rallying. Thanks Al for supporting the cause!

The latest news is that the Consolidated Energy will NOT put in the petcoke plant but will use a cleaner energy source. Shows what you can do if you get enough people together. Now hopefully we can get some legislation approved that will prevent something like this to be approved in the future. Thanks everyone for all of your support. I saw a lot of your signatures on Mom's petition. :-)


5 comments:

Mommymita said...

That was a great outing and now the kids are #1 really nervous about air pollution and #2 thinking of other issues they would like to bring to the State

Mommily said...

Great Job --Cathy, I love the picture of you and Phillip with your gas masks! Joseph is jealous we missed this outing!!

alison said...

Way to go! I saw you guys on the news. Boy, this endeavor created some fame for you, didn't it?

Penny said...

I'm so happy you're my claim to fame! I've never known anyone to be on the news every night, but you! LOL I love it! I'm glad you're so involved with it. You are making a difference! Can I borrow the gas mask? The chinese food didn't set well with Aaron! LOL

Buffy said...

How fun! You are the best. The pics of the kids are so dang cute. I can't believe Lily had a b'day. time is just flying.