Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Dropping like Flies
























We had a fun day on Saturday with Paige's family. Phillip had a play-date with Gracie and Pete got to go snow-mobiling with Joe and Morgan. That meant I got some precious hours by myself while Lily was napping. I sometimes would wonder why I haven't been baking and cooking as much as I did in California. Now I realize that you can get a LOT done during the nap time. I got some work done, scrubbed down the bathrooms, and made enough spaghetti sauce to freeze for 4 meals. Phew! Well Phillip fell asleep on the bar stools and Pete fell asleep on the couch. It was a fun filled day and everyone was definitely ready for bed.

Phillip has been saying some funny things lately. I asked him before dinner yesterday, "What do you want?" He answered in a loud voice, "Clean Air!" Ha! I guess he's on my band wagon.

I sometimes will suggest something to eat like a banana or yogurt. Phillip will say, "How about a healthy snack instead."

Other times I will tell him to finish his chicken. Phillip has said, "I can't. It's too expensive."

Lily is starting to feel better. She had a ear infection and three teeth coming in. A perfect storm. She always has a smile even when she doesn't feel good.

This will be a busy week to get ready for our trip to California and our visit to Disneyland next week. YAY!! Phillip is really excited.

5 comments:

Mommymita said...

Phillip is a funny guy!

What was your sauce recipe?

Penny said...

I love that little guy Phillip! Lily is such a happy baby all the time! You do make 'em cute! I love your family! It's nice to get some alone time huh! I don't get much done though, I just read or watch TV. You are motivating me to do something! Maybe I'll make dinner tonight!

Cathy said...

Ha! Penny ... You just had a baby 2 weeks ago. ALL you need to do is watch TV or read a book when you get a second to your self!!

sunshine family said...

Cathy-

That shot of Phillip reminds me of the time I fell asleep on the kitchen floor using Mom's jacket for a pillow. Ha! On another note, I addressed the Consolidated Energy fiasco during my Environmental Law class. The class was cracking up when I told them about the gas masks. Go green!

Elizabeth said...

Loved the news clip of you guys! :)