Monday, February 23, 2009

Post 101: Lily's Birthday





Ha! I just noticed that my last posting was my 100th post! ha!

Well, it was Lily's Birthday on Saturday. We decided to take the kids to the zoo. I am now an official Hogle Zoo Member. So, let me know the next time you are going, because I want to get our monies worth. Phillip normally likes the Giraffes, but this time he said they were too stinky.

I wasn't feeling too good in the morning and I was worried that her birthday was going to be a flop. But, luckily Paige agreed to let Phillip have a play date and I was able to take a nap and then hit the stores. I made her cupcakes and birthday cake. I got the flowers that were on sale from Valentine day. I also got her some cute balloons.

Her main present was the pink car, which was a garage sale find that Al passed down. She really likes the car. She's a little short to ride it, but still tries to climb on top of it.

It was our first little family birthday party, and Pete said it was his favorite party. We didn't have to clean up the mess right away and just relaxed.

Lily got to eat her cake by herself. She was pretty dainty eating it and only picked off some of the icing and then got frustrated that her hands were dirty. I can't believe she is already a year old! Time flies!

3 comments:

alison said...

You weren't feeling good in the morning + you took a nap = you are prengant??

Mommily said...

Lilly is so cute--her outfit matches all the balloons and gifts-pink,pink, pink.:)

RayAnne said...

Happy birthday Lily! She is so adorable. I'm impressed with the birthday spread! It all looks so cute!