Wednesday, February 04, 2009

We have a Dog!


Pete called me yesterday and said that his patient was looking for a home for her puganese dog (pug and pekanese mix). I decided that we would meet the dog. His name is 'Mater' from the movie Cars. He is REALLY cute and I had to have him. ha! He is about a year old and is a really calm dog.

Needless to say it's been a little adjustment.

Not 5 minutes after I brought him home he had an accident on the floor. I thought I should take him outside. I was stupid and forgot to check to see if the gates were closed ... and they weren't. Ga'ak! So he started running away. He was a fast runner for a little guy. It's a good thing I've been running lately. I was running in my heeled knee-high boots and work clothes. I wish I had a video of that! ha! I had to run up and down our street and up a really steep hill. Luckily a dog ran out and spooked Mater and he stopped in his tracks.

Phillip and Lily have warmed up to the dog and are starting to play with him. Phillip was pretty scared at first, but now he says that Mater is 'HIS' dog. He keeps saying that he wants to get a BIG dog too. or Mater needs to grow big.

We made our first trip to "Petco" to buy some supplies. I got succered into buy a Cezer Chevez Dog Whisperer leash. ha!! Pete bought the rest of the stuff at the dollar store. :-)



Here is Phillip's reaction to the dog. He got kind of scared when Mater tried to Lick him.




Here's Phillip with Mater. He had quickly warmed up to him and tried to share his toys and give him imaginary cookies!


6 comments:

Penny said...

Too cute! I really am surprised he was so calm. I didn't expect that! I loved it at the end! The dog is super cute! Can't wait to see him!

Emily said...

I would of loved to see you chasing the dog up the street in your heels! I have chased our dog many times except he is a lot faster than me. :)

Mommymita said...

Did he meet the chickens yet ? Great addition to the family

Dad Wirthlin said...

Oh man Cathy.. next you need a goat or a minature horse.

It will be a great adventure for the kids.

Love Dad

sunshine family said...

I am dying to get a dog
so lucky!!!!

kaley

Mary said...

That's how we ended up with Khumba... we said we would "try him out for a week." The rest is history. Dogs are so much fun!