Friday, February 03, 2012

Impromptu Photoshoot

I needed to switch out pictures in my picture frames. My original idea was to have the kids hold wooden hearts for Valentines day. But ... since it was February 2nd, I just took their Portrait. I have very good afternoon light in our family room. (Thanks Bountiful windstorm!) I put two king size sheets on the couch opposite to the window. It was kind of crazy and I didn't get a shot of all four kids (I don't know if that is possible). Maybe I could try and switch heads on photoshop.

I started by bribing "Who wants a Doughnut?" (They really wanted a doughnut after seeing a segment on 'The Chew' about doughnuts). It was hard but it only took a half hour. AND I did make good on my promise and against reason bought doughnuts for the kids right before dinner.

I kept using my LONG experience of watching America's Next Top Model to help them have a good smile. Phillip kept having a goofy smile. In a moment of weakness I said, "Think of Money!" You can see the delight in his eyes below. Lily and Amelia I kept saying, "Beautiful!" "Princess" "Gorgeous!" and this then got Lily motivated to take more pictures. She got different outfits and had her own photo shoot.

I'm glad to capture their cute smiles along the way!







2 comments:

Becca said...

This is sooooo cute! I can't believe how much Henrie has grown just since I saw him last Monday!

Mommymita said...

Great photos! What settings did you use?

I like that Phillip is discovering his goofy side!