Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Braces are OFF!

Before:
After:


So ... I have to thank Pete for getting the ball rolling in getting my braces off. There were some scheduling problems and I wasn't going to get them off until October 18th. I told Pete that all I wanted for my birthday was to get my braces off and get my teeth whitened. SO, THANK YOU to the MONARCH Ortho Team and Thank you to PETE!! I'm so glad to have them off. What a great early birthday present.

It was weird to see those braces on the tray .. kind of gross with all of the food stuck in places you couldn't see. It kind of reminds me of getting a cast off. You feel like something is missing, yet is it is SO liberating!

It has been 2 years and 3 months. Here is the post when I originally blogged it.

So, I am pleased with the results. But having braces as an adult has its challenges. Spending an afternoon with a black bean on your front tooth. Having your picture taken when your teeth and braces are stained from a Popsicle. Eating corn on the cob and people thinking that you are using your teeth as food storage. Phillip told me that I have train tracks on my teeth. My nephew once called them 'robot teeth.' Even so, it was ALL worth it! Wahhooooo!!!


6 comments:

sunshine family said...

congrats !you look great! that is a huge accomplishment :)... i remember the day I got mine off-so NICE!!!

kaley

Mommymita said...

Looks good! Now you can take your Christmas card picture. WSJ just showcased that the gap is "in" So right now I'm kind of "in" with inperfect teeth

I often sport food on my teeth even without the metal

congrats!

RayAnne said...

Yeah!!! Your teeth look great. Happy early birthday!!!

Hyrum and Stacey Taft said...

Congrats Cathy!! Your teeth look GREAT!!! I can't believe it has been two years already. I love the before and after pictures, you kids have grown SO much. Hope you have a happy birthday! I love when my birthday wishes come true too! ;)

Becca said...

congrats! what a great smile!

Mary Mary said...

Looks great. Don't forget to wear your retainer. I haven't worn mine and my front teeth are starting to crowd again. :(