Monday, September 13, 2010

Contracted Craft Services





So, I thought I would blog & brag, or blag about the Halloween bows that I got. I did NOT make them. I can sometimes be crafty, but I know my limits. I tried making bows once, and it didn't work out too good. Buying bows can be expensive. I was at the ribbon store and almost bought some ribbon to make bows ... they had really cute halloween ribbons. I called Bina and she said she'd make some Halloween bows for my girls. She went to TOWN!! They are REALLY cute! Don't worry, I'll have to share some with my Utah siblings. (or will I? ... I think I look pretty good with the Halloween bows!) ;-)

I guess the moral of the story is that we all have our strengths. You just need to figure out how to 'contract' services from those who know what they are doing ;-)

We are doing a Joy School and I started reading the lesson plan and I started into a cold sweat. I couldn't understand what I was supposed to do .. when .. ak! I called Pete's mom and Pete's sister penny who are a Kindergarten teachers. They gave me some good ideas. I told then that I probably felt the same way that they sometimes feel when they are figuring out a computer. It's great to help each other out.

Paige, who I have contracted time and again for organizing help, stopped by the other day. Our garage door was open, both of our cars were there and Rhino was in the back yard. She kept calling our names. Kitchen was covered in dishes and food. She couldn't figure out where we were and thought we had Carbon Monoxide poisoning. We had taken the truck to pick some fruit. I told her that in her mind, the only explanation of leaving your house in such a state is that we had DIED! Any other reason just didn't make sense in her mind. ha!

We had a Relief Society activity where we made quilted pillows. I made sure Pete's mom was coming so that she could help me. I would cut the pieces, pin and iron. I put her to work and we were one of the few that finished. I know Al got a kick out of seeing me sew a bib, and it took me 45 minutes to sew and turn out a seem. She was nice enough to alter a dress for our Family Reunion. :-)

I don't sew. I don't make cards. I don't make bows. I don't do flower arrangements. If you need help securing a computer, decorating a christmas tree, arranging lawn ornaments, or painting, I'll be there! (creative painting that is ... I'm not very 'good' and normal painting ... when i say 'good' I mean ... I don't like doing it :-)






2 comments:

Mommymita said...

So funny! I was a joy school drop out and use to use "que cards" I would forget what we were suppose to be doing and decided to just have fun - I could'nt force the joy

I was cracking up about your house in disorder - that is the best time to leave it! Always easier to clean up after a fun activity

Mary Mary said...

Can I contract you for some Holiday decorating ideas?