Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I Feel Young Again!


I got braces today.  It was a little bit of an ordeal, but it didn't hurt as much as I thought.  We'll wait and see until tonight.

I feel like I can't eat ANYTHING.  I tried to eat a granola bar and it felt like my teeth were going to pop off.

Well, hopefully I'll have them off in 18 to 24 months.  Just in time for Phillip to go to Kindergarten.  WEIRD!

I've already had a few 'work' phone calls and had to consciously not spit out my 'S's.  Maybe if I try hard enough I can finally have good diction.

alalallalalalalaaaeeeeeeh!!!

8 comments:

Anica said...

You are so silly!

RayAnne said...

Fun times. Joseph got spacers put in yesterday, and his braces go on next Tuesday. Maybe you can commiserate together.

Buffy said...

You are so cute! My sister who is 38 just got hers off in March. How fun for you. It is a pain in the eating dept. I didn't think your teeth needed braces. Never noticed a problem. Good luck and you will be loving smoothies and everything soft for the next little while. :D

Mommymita said...

Cathy- could you do a Hillary Cliton face with braces?

I'm jealous! That is a perfect thing for mommy makeover. You can't eat too much food so you'll be looking extra good in 24 months.... well unless you are 9 months pregnant.

Becky said...

I thought you had nice teeth already! But then Tim said, "You know dentists and their crazy obsession for perfect teeth..." We miss you guys too!

Mary said...

It will be over before you know it. I look at pictures of me with braces and realized that I could never really close my mouth!

Because I didn't have braces in middle school, I never added to the conversations about rubber bands and wire wax around the lunch table. I filled this void by commiserating with the YM/YW.

Jaclyn said...

Hola Chica. Love the braces! Phillip and Lily are such cutie pies and it looks like our kids are the exact same age--our second was born in March and I remember our due dates with our firsts were just days apart. Email me your email address and I'll invite you to our blog. My email address is jaclyn_dunford@hotmail.com

alison said...

I'm trying to figure how we can post those pictures in the neighborhood! I certainly think your cross eyes make your braces look more attractive!