Monday, June 15, 2009

Our Backyard Surprise

Pete came home the other day and saw a family of deer grazing in our backyard. Scroll down to see a picture.


































Ha!! Pete played the same joke on me and I thought I would try it in our blog. We picked up 3 more reindeer at DI. We now have 9 reindeer, ha! Enough for Santa's Sleigh. We may have to display them in our backyard until our basement is finished. I think they look pretty classy :-) I thought it would be nice to send some power to the deer so they light up at night. Christmas in June. Maybe our neighbors will want to replace the chain-linked fence. HA!!

Here's Phillip, their cousin Brinklee, and Lily sitting by another Christmas find. We had some time before my Mom's birthday party so we drove around their neighborhood. They had the 'Spring Cleaning' trash day and we found a home-made light-up christmas tree and candycane on the side of the road. Pete knocked on the door and asked if it's o.k. if we took it home. It turns out they are friends of my parents. Ha! Someone's trash is another person's treasure!

Lily seems to be more like a little girl than a baby lately. She LOVES her babies and tries to take them everywhere. She LOVES shoes and is always wearing mine or Pete's shoes around the house. She even says, "sh.." for shoe. Her new favorite thing to do is to get cookie cutters out of the drawer and wear them as brecelets.



















Phillip is funny as usual. I can't seem to get good pictures of him lately. I say, "Smile" and he looks at the floor. I say, "Look at the Camera" and he looks at the sky. ha! I guess I have to be satisfied with candid shots. Phillip got some new sandals and always wants to go on walks. He said, "Mommy lets go bumping." I asked what was 'bumping?' I turns out 'bumping' is jogging because it makes your body go bumping up and down.

5 comments:

Emily said...

My boys hate having their picture taken too (except Joe). :) I have an early birthday gift for you to add to your "treasures". When is the next junk exchange?

alison said...

oh my gosh, you crack me up with your junk-a-rama! can't wait to see the Christmas spread. I did notice a red candy cane yesterday.

Penny said...

I love it! Merry Christmas Olsen Family! You guys are crazy and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! You crack me up! Thanks for letting us hang out! We had fun!

Mary said...

You're little deer joke worked on me. :)

Mommymita said...

You are at a perfect bumping stage with your belly.

I also like Lilly's little piggy tails. That is a sign your baby is growing up.