Saturday, January 03, 2009

Christmas Light Show

Here are the pictures and some video of our Christmas Light display. I had to get a video the night of New Years Eve because Pete and his dad worked most of New Years Day taking down the lights and lawn decorations. It's nice to have everything cleaned up, but I have to say I miss the crazy light display. Now we need to start shopping the after Christmas sales. For those going to garage sales, keep an eye out for solid color mini lights.

I took some pictures of our Nativity Display. Pete cut out the shapes and I painted the figures. It took a long time because we wanted the lines to be pretty sharp so that you can see it from the curb. We had lights on the nativity and had a clip from the "Merry Christmas Charlie Brown" movie where Linus reads the Nativity story from Luke Two.









6 comments:

Tawna Davies said...

THAT IS SO COOL! Glad to see your painting talent paid off!

alison said...

That was the best light show ever! We went past there several times. I did not know you made those Peanut characters. Oh talented one! Somehow we didn't get invited to any of the listed parties at your house this season. Luckily, I am not offended. How can I get adopted into your family?

Emily said...

Cathy--you and Pete definitely have the coolest house on the block!!! Next year we will have to make sure to come to the cookie party. My kids love the light show on the blog. Where did you have the speakers? I have some blue lights in my give away--junk exchange!!

Mommymita said...

It is impressive but even better in real life

Becca said...

Great light show, Cathy.

So.........where will you put the 160 new strands of lights that you bought at the after-Christmas sale?

Mary said...

Love the show. Thanks for posting since I wasn't able to make it up there.