Friday, January 16, 2009

Home Haircuts

I was going to go to Cookie Cutters to get Phillip's Haircut.  But, last time I paid $15 and Pete didn't really like how it turned out.  Soooo... I got out the shears and scissors and was VERY careful.  Home Haircuts can be treacherous!

The last time we cut Phillip's hair was right before his birthday.  He was fighting us and moved his head so we had to give him a buzz cut.  It was so sad when he looked in the mirror.  He said, "I don't like it!" and started crying.

Well, I think I did pretty good.  I figured I need to learn how to cut his hair sooner or later.   It's not perfect but I think I got the job done :-)   

Wish me luck once I have to start dealing with Lily's hair :-)


Before









After
























The Cathy Cutter Staff: Gracie, Phillip, and Lily

5 comments:

Hyrum and Stacey Taft said...

You did an awesome on Philips hair Cathy! I think cutting girls hair is easier than cutting boys hair. Their hair is a little more forgiving. I dread cutting Andy's hair for the first time.

RayAnne said...

Great job Cathy! I'm so impressed. Cutting hair is something I have never tried and really don't want to. For some reason I have a phobia of making a mess of my boys' heads. Good thing my friend down the street cuts hair!

Penny said...

It looks super cute! It helps that he just is super cute himself! I had fun getting a pedicure with you! Thanks again! Love ya babe!

Emily said...

Cathy--great job. My kids have had good haircuts and bad hair cuts through out the years. But, when Johnny was a teenager, he actually preferred John and I giving him a haircut. Practice makes perfect!

Mommymita said...

It's authentic - a Utah spike. Way to go. i use to give my kids lollipops but then the hair would stick to them.

maybe you could do it at Pete' s office in one of those fancy chairs for him to sit still.

My kids are in need of hair cuts too, I'll blog them and you'll see I still need practice.

Kami always told me the difference between a good haircut and a bad one is about two weeks