Monday, January 12, 2009

A Brand New Year



Here's a funny skit from Saturday Night Live. We saw it a few months ago and have saved it on our DVR. Phillip says, "I want to see 'I like chasing cars!'"  

Well, we have officially cleaned up our Christmas decorations and display. Since Pete was able to store the stuff so efficiently both Pete and I went on some Christmas Sale shopping spree. I bought a ton of christmas lights from Walmart at 60 cents a strand. Pete found a Santa sleigh and some outdoor light up figurines.  It should be fun.

Right now Lily is learning to walk.  She pushes chairs around the kitchen.  She also has a plastic walker.  She even got in trouble at church for stealing someone's walker.   There is a picture of her running with a chair below.

Phillip is doing really good on the Potty.  It will be a little while until he is fully potty trained, but he is making progress.  He got a CTR (Choose The Right) ring from his primary teacher.  He is really proud of it.  So we have been talking about good choices.  Today Phillip kept asking for apple juice and I was busy and kind of ignoring him.  He said, "Mommy you aren't listening to me!  That is not the right choice!"  

My New Years goals: Eat less, Exercise more, Watch less TV, and Paint more.  We'll see how it goes! :-)



2 comments:

Penny said...

Cute! I love it! Remember to make the right choice! :) LOL He's so cute! I can't believe Lily is trying to walk! This year went by way too fast! My new years goals are to watch more TV, exercise less, eat more, and don't even try to paint! LOL! Man I'm funny! :) Cute Blog!

Mommymita said...

Next year's show is sure to be great! And that is not even counting what you may encounter yard saling

Good goals. Philip is kind of funny. Tell him your goals and he'll be sure to keep you in line