Sunday, May 25, 2008

The apple doesn't fall far from the Tree


This is a funny picture of Phillip watching TV.  He LOVES watching TV and any time I complain, Pete says, "I wonder where he could have got that from."   

His favorite shows are Dora, Diego, Thomas and The Backyardigans.  However, I think he does enjoy the food network as well.  When I'm watching my cooking shows and turn it off or pause in the middle of it, Phillip says, "Turn it on!" as if he was really interested to see how the recipes turned out.  

We have been trying to gradually get Phillip to sleep in his bunk bed.  He sleeps in the lower bunk and calls it his 'cave bed.'  The problem is that he gets up  in the middle of the night and wakes me up.  

Also, with the 'cave bed' night routine Phillip likes us to tell him countless 'Silly Stories.'  They all are about a boy named 'Phillip' and his sister 'Lily.'  His favorite story is about the giant green M&M (Phillip calls them 'Happies') who comes and leaves m&ms under kids pillows if they are good.  I did put m&ms under his pillow one night.  Ha!

 

2 comments:

Mommymita said...

That is classic! All Phillip is missing is the lazy drool.... maybe he'll develop that by adolecence.

I'm excited about his bunkbed and glad you have him on the bottom bunk. Did you ever graduate to top bunk?

As for the night time stories you should publish them because besides Good Night moon, Jamberry, sometimes I like to curl up in a ball, I really can't get through some of our children's fiction books. I never forgot the night Jeff tucked us in bed and told us the story about our pillows that turned into flying omlets taking us off onto far away adventures.

I just hope you don't forget about the m&ms under the pillows because I know they aren't suppose to melt in your hand but they just might melt under a warm cozy pillow.

You're Alright! What a great mom!

Mary said...

Great pic of the little guy.