Sunday, March 27, 2011

The things you can get at Costco!




So it has been a year since I started tracking our spending at mint.com. I ran some quick queries to see where all of the money went. When I looked up the money that went to Costco ... it was EYE OPENING!!

I LOVE Costco. Where else can you walk out of the store with a king-sized mattress and a fountain diet coke? Where else can you buy a 3 year supply of ketchup and a wireless router? Needless to say, Costco has been my one-stop-shop. I would find any excuse to go to Costco ... um we are out of bread and I only like the Aspen-Mills brand .. got to go to Costco. I need cheese, I need paper towels ... the problem is that I ALWAYS leave with things that I don't need. Matching outfits for Lily & Amelia, large amounts of guacamole, quasi-healthy chips.

Well, I'm on a Costco diet right now. We are trying a milk delivery service. It's more expensive than the store, but I'm thinking I will end up saving money because it will keep me away from the store. So far I love it! I am also going to start getting the bountiful basket (www.bountifulbasket.org) every other week for produce.

It will be a good to send Pete for a few items and keep me away from that jungle gym set up high that is just taunting me!

3 comments:

Mommymita said...

Love the box full of kids and Rhino.

Costco is hard to resist when it is so close. We are 25 minutes from Costco now and barely earn enough cash back to pay for the executive membership

hurray for milk and veggie delivery! Now you can spend the rest of the $ online and have the rest of your things delivered too

alison said...

It's that stupid blender they demo that is going to kill my budget. One of these days I'm going to buy it and I'll never be able to return! You guys gave great talks in church on Sunday. It's nice to sit through the meeting and actually not look at the clock once!

Becca said...

Al - we are like you now - 25 min. to Costco, and only go once in a while - I think I do spend less going to a regular grocery store and I have less veggies rotting in my fridge. We also signed up for delivered Milk!