Thursday, March 03, 2011

Happy Birthday Lily!

A little Belated, but I wanted to write a post about Lily's Birthday. Lily turned 3! I can't believe it! I bought Hello Kitty cupcakes for Amelia's 1-year-old birthday, and since October Lily wanted a Hello Kitty party for herself. I swear .. no persuasion by me .. well a little .. I LOVE Hello Kitty!

After the party Lily was playing with her dolly's and it was one of the dolls birthday and she said, "You need to get a big Heyo Kitty balloon." .. ok done. "then you have to get Hello Kitty cupcakes" .. ok. "then all the frwends sing happy birthday." It's great to see that she loved the party!

Lily has been our little princess since she was a baby. She always LOVES pretty sparkly things. She definitely has a sense of fashion that I will have to tread lightly as she gets older. I bought her some fleece outfits to wear this winter, but they haven't seen much action because she says, "NOT cozy clothes .. I want TIGHTS and a skirt!" They had pajama day at pre-school and the only way I got her to wear her pajamas was to do her hair, put on tights with a 'dress jammy.'

Lily loves to help me get ready and cook. It doesn't always turn out very good .. she rubbed my nice mascara all over her lips 5 minutes before church. She dumped a bunch a salt in a batch of pancakes. In the end, there's no harm done. My favorite is when she tries to pick out outfits for me. She hates my running shoes, "Not THOSE shoes mommy" then she'll get some ridiculous shoes that I still have that have a 5 inch heal "WEAR THESE!"

She has grown up so much! The night of her birthday she marched downstairs to her big-girl room and said she was going to sleep in her big-girl bed. She didn't stay there long, but I was amazed that in her head she thought, "I'm 3 now, I should sleep in my own room downstairs!"




3 comments:

Shmacque said...

I better end up with a girl like Lily someday. I love that she is all girl and all about the clothes. HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY LILY!! :)

Buffy said...

Very cute!! I LOVED hello kitty when I was a kid. Best ever party!!! Your children are growing up so quickly:)

Christina, knick name Bina said...

Love the fashion diva!! Maybe she can direct Ally to less eccentric clothing choices (like yesterday's pick: backwards brown corduroys, a pajama shirt, white church shoes, and a pink knit beanie...ah well) LOVE the Hello kitty too, I still buy my OWN Hello Kitty stuff!! Hhahah happy birthday Lilly!!