Friday, May 21, 2010

Girl's Night at Primary Medical Center


We had a little hiccup in our life the past few days. Lily had an infection in her upper eyelid, (orbital cellulitis). We had her on anti-biotics, but the infection was still progressing and her eye was closed shut on Thursday. I was glad to find this morning that the IV anti-biotics had made some progress and the swelling has gone down. One more dose of the IV anti-biotics and they are sending us home. Yay!

Lily has enjoyed her stay here. She has felt fine (minus the swollen eye) and has thoroughly enjoyed the play room and all of the prizes that she has gotten. She did amazing for the CT-scan. They normally have to sedate children her age to get a clear image, but she did great! Right now she is sitting in the bed eating m&m's (happy's) and watching Little Mermaid. We painted pictures and decorated t-shirts in the playroom this morning. She is in hog heaven.

I was glad that Pete's sister Paige was working at Primary's yesterday and today. She was able to find some good prizes for Lily, got her to take a nap, and made this a four-star hospital stay! Thanks Paige!!

Well, it looks like she is on the mend! I'm glad that we were able to treat the infection and get it under control. Lily you are a trooper!

8 comments:

RayAnne said...

I'm so sorry Lily has been in the hospital, but I'm glad she at least feels fine and gets cool prizes. Glad you get to go home!

Anica said...

I'm sorry to hear about Lily. I love how you called it a hiccup. I'm glad she is on the mend and you get to go home soon.

Mommymita said...

THat is so sad for Lily! Actually it sounds like she had fun but I feel bad for you Cathy - stressfull. Did you pack your balloon kit for all the kids on her floor?

Weizhong said...

glad you are heading home! she behaves nuch better than grant....he for sure would have needed to be sedated! i should get my hands on some of that for around the house :)

kaley

Emily said...

That is so sad for Lilly. I hated it when my children had to stay in the hospital. I agree with Al--it is sometimes harder on the mom.

Unknown said...

Cathy how are you!!! How can I follow your blog! You are so cute!!!

Mary said...

I'm glad she is doing better. We had two swollen faces this week too but luckily didn't have to be hospitalized.

Anonymous said...

We do zeitgeist renewable energy think that we will achieve?
This was made possible by making mortgage interest tax
deductible and by government-backed mortgage insurance.

Take a look at my weblog pv cell diagram