Tuesday, May 11, 2010

We may be crazy, but he is REALLY cute!


So, if you saw my sister's picture of our new puppies on Facebook, you must be wondering... Wahhh? they got a dog? A puppy?!

Well, I was down in St. George with my sister. Pete and Paul went on errands. When they got back, Pete came back with a surprise. A 8 week old Shitzu! He is SO cute! Becca and Paul went back and bought the sister. The kids were in love with the puppies. The puppies did pretty good down in St. George because they had each other.

We decided to name our puppy Rhino. We were inspired by his little waddle in his walk AND fearless personality. (He jumped in the pool down in St. George). He reminded us of the hamster on the movie Bolt named Rhino. "THIS IS MY DESTINY!!" His full name is "Rhino the Killer. " We may have to get "Beware of Dog" signs. ha!

Below are some cute pictures of the puppy. He has taken a liking to Amelia. He loves to cuddle next to her. They were both laying asleep on the couch and Pete saw that Rhino had cuddled up to Amelia. I was getting the kids out the door this morning and saw that he had cuddled up next to her in her car seat. She likes him as long as he doesn't lick her too much. None of the pictures are staged. (Except for the one with the puppy in the exersaucer). Phillip and Lily love him. I need to get a picture of Lily holding him like a baby. It took only a day or so and she now is FEARLESS around the puppy. Phillip calls Rhino his buddy and brother dog.



11 comments:

RayAnne said...

Those pictures are so cute! Don't forget to update your profile - now you have 7 chickens and a dog.

RayAnne said...

Those pictures are so cute! Don't forget to update your profile - now you have 7 chickens and a dog.

Christina, knick name Bina said...

AAAAHHHHHHHH JELOUSYY, so cute, and becca got one TOO!!!??? way too cute

Shmacque said...

Every family needs a dog, those pics are too cute!!

Becca said...

He is so cute! Cute enough to make me jealous and buy his sister! I need to post some pictures of our new puppy with Kaya. A yellow lab and a shihtzu make for an interesting pair.

Emily said...

He is so cute!!!! I love the pictures!!!

Mommymita said...

Those are funny pictures - Rhino has found his place in the pack with the baby

I also like how phillip calls him 'brother'

Penny said...

Super cute! I think you're crazy, but not for getting a puppy! :) LOL

Anica said...

I'm not sure which is cuter, the actual puppy or the pictures with said puppy and your little girl! Just too cute!! I loved the poem you wrote for your mom too.

Mary said...

I want one too! I love the picture of Amelia sleeping with the puppy. Dogs add so much to a family.

Suz said...

Cute pictures. Be sure to de-worm your perro...