Sunday, September 06, 2009

Most Improved Wall

Before:














After:













When we bought our house, we knew that we would eventually renovate the basement. We would always say, "yeah, this is our dated basement." Most people would say it was a great space, 'retro' etc.

Now that we renovated, almost everyone has said, "THAT was the UGLIEST fireplace" or "That was the most atrocious wall!" My favorite comment was from Pete's mom who said she was so glad that we got rid of the "Dinosaur Toe Nail" tiles that were under the cast iron stove.

So after a lot of hard work and adding a new glass tile surround, I think we have our MOST IMPROVED Wall! :-)

We are making headway on our projects before the baby comes :-)

5 comments:

Penny said...

WOW! That is a big improvement :) I never said I liked the wall before, but I will say I LOVE it now! It looks "the mazing!" I want to come see it now!

Penny said...

That last comment was waiting for an invite! LOL :)

alison said...

It's just like being fat. No one will ever tell you that you are looking fat but they would tell you that you are looking skinny!

Thanks for the diaper and wipes yesterday! That saved me the trip of going home.

RayAnne said...

Wow! Looks great guys!

Paige said...

I love before and after pictures! And I loved the Dinasaur toenails:) You guys are the best at projects. Love ya