Saturday, February 23, 2008

Lily Marie





































Me and the little Girl!  It was EASY!



























Phillip meeting Lily for the  first time

Well, our little girl finally decided to come! Our doctor started a slow induction Wednesday night. By Thursday, Lily Marie was born!!

The labor wasn't too bad because I asked for my epidural about an hour into the induction. (I'm a whimp!). During the induction, there was a freak earthquake in Nevada. I noticed the tremers as my bed started shaking. I didn't know what to think, maybe a really big contraction. ha! I'd say the worst part of the labor was the last few hours and it was during local news and Dr. Phil. Not very good TV.

Everything went well with the delivery and I didn't have to have another C-Section. Yay!

Here are the key facts:

Born: February 5:45 PM MST
Name: Lily Marie Olsen
Weight: 7 lbs, 7 oz
Length: 20.5 inches

Phillip has been really sweet to the little girl. So far so good!

4 comments:

Cannon Fam said...

So cute when the big brother or sister meets the baby for the first time! Have fun w/ a little girl! Love the name Lily!! That is actually one of the names we're considering for ours.

Mommymita said...

good work Cathy! We'll come visit when we're not so sick

Buffy said...

Congratulations!! I've been waiting to hear. She is beautiful and you look great. I'm so happy for you guys. I love the name too! I hope you are feeling good. It all sounds like it went well.

I get the epidural's early too! :D Why wait until it really hurts, right? Tell the boys hello for us. We really miss you guys.

Mary said...

I'm glad everything went well with the delivery. She is soooo cute! Phillip will be such a great big brother. :)