Saturday, January 19, 2008

Little Girl Nursery






























Well, the nursery is complete!

The Rocker
We had a hard time finding a white rocker. Pete's mom was on a mission and called almost every furniture store in utah, salt lake and Davis County. No one had white rockers. She ended up finding one at kid-to-kid and recovered the cushions. Good as new!! :-)


The Mural
I've always wanted to paint a mural for one of our rooms. It was fun to do a whimsical pattern that played off the bedding. I may add a few more details, but at least it looks finished for now.

The Closets
Pete's Idea. He got the little paint cans from Home Depot. I used some of the same colors in the mural.

8 comments:

Rob said...

Cathy you guys are such good home decorators!

You should see our house. We have kid drawings taped to all the walls. The same nasty pull out couch from Miami. Our entire downstairs is one big playroom!

You and Pete need to visit Spokane and help us with a make over.

Good luck with the delivery! You're totally nesting.

Holly Sanders said...

cathie--I hope you don't mind me peeking at your blog--through Mark and Deb. YOur house is beautiful! I love how you decorate. ANd congrats on your baby! I had no idea you were expecting. How are you liking Utah? Oh, OWen has been looking at a practice in San Luis Obispo. But... Even though his family is in SoCal, i don't think we can afford to live there. Housing market is way out of control there. ANyways, it's good to see you're doing well!

Holly Sanders said...

oh, I meant to tell you--I think Phillip is such a cute little boy!

Mommymita said...

I like your cute nursery! If your girl is as wild as mine....the room has little chance of looking that good in a year. Enjoy it now.

Buffy said...

Love your nursery. It is just darling. Great job you guys! I'm so excited for you to have a girl. They are so fun in a different way than boys. :D I hope you are feeling ok.

Mary said...

I'm still in phase 1 of nesting- cleaning out. I need to move all my junk to make room for the new baby.

Your baby room looks great!

sunshine family said...

i love the nursery! cant wait to meet the little babe!

Cannon Fam said...

Cute nursery! Hope you've had the babe by now since I'm posting my comment after your due date! Have fun with a girl!