Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Fall Preparations & Birthday Week!



I LOVE the fall! Probably because my birthday is in October. Growing up in a big family, I felt really special that I had the month of October all to myself. It was MY birthday MONTH!! Well, Phillip's birthday is a week and half before, Amelia's birthday is now 2 weeks after, so I get to relish my BIRTHDAY WEEK!!

I LOVE canning grape juice. It's SO EASY! You pick the grapes, wash them, put them in the juicer and fill the mason jar. My sister made grape juice this year and kept calling me for help. I couldn't answer many of her questions ... hmmm.. I finally realized why I LOVE making grape juice. It's because Pete does ALL THE WORK and I get ALL THE CREDIT!! Yesterday I was at work and I came home and Pete had already processed 17 quarts of grape juice. I did help with picking grapes, but our final total of 31 quarts of grape juice was juiced, processed and mess cleaned by Pete.

Our Halloween decorating is in full swing. Here is the latest picture of our mantel. Again, Pete pulled out all of the decorations. I did make some of the gourds a few years ago, but I don't know if they would see the light of day if it wasn't for Pete! He even picked up dinner for the rest of the week from Costco! What a great way to start my Birthday WEEK!

Now my only problem is to decide which halloween crafts/treats I want to get done for our family Halloween party. I'm addicted to Pinterest and I have 67 pins on my Halloween board. YIKES!!

2 comments:

Mommymita said...

I'll Pete the next time I can. Can't wait for the Birthday week report and even more for the Halloween bash report!

Becca said...

So, with only 26 more days til halloween, you have to make/do over 2 crafts, cooking projects, etc per day to complete all of your pins. Have fun!