Sunday, July 17, 2011

The BIG Reveal!

MOVE THAT BUS!!!


Just like the Extreme Home Makeover, I've waited to post a picture until it was done.

But here it is! Our Craftsman Cottage!

I am really excited how it turned out. It was nerve racking when we started demo-ing the house. Pete was VERY tense when we didn't have a roof in our living room. It turned out better than I had thought it would.

Below is a before picture of the house. I kept getting nervous because it did look good before .. but I LOVE how it looks now.



Here are the kids enjoying the new walkway. Pete got me the rocking chairs and porch swing for Easter and Mother's day. I think he realizes they are VERY expensive because it made me want to do this project even MORE.

Here is our living room with the barrel vault ceiling. I LOVE it. It is so peaceful to sit in the living room and look out the window. Pete loves how our living rooms stays fairly clean. Despite what is going on in the rest of the house .... there is at least ONE room of order. And yes, I was mostly excited to put a 12 foot christmas tree in this room come Christmas time.

This is the first time that we had a contractor. It was actually nice this time since this was a tricky project with city codes, structural changes, etc. They did a great job!


4 comments:

Mommymita said...

Very nice! Are you open for customers, I mean visitors? Maryanna is already planning a "popcorn" birthday party at your house

RayAnne said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see the 12 foot Christmas tree!

Christina, knick name Bina said...

Hooray So cool cathy!! It looks so nice

Buffy said...

It's beautiful Cathy!! Great job. I love the 12' Christmas tree idea also.