Monday, April 20, 2009

Second Trimester: Feeling Better

Well, If you haven't figured out already, I'm Pregnant! (If you read between the lines I kept saying that I was feeling sick or tired) Ha! Well, I'm officially in my 2nd Trimester and everything is good so far. I'm due end of October and we'll find out what we are having in a month or so. I seemed to have a burst of energy and made Indian food for Pete's sister Penny and her family. She had a baby 2 months ago and I was feeling too tired to pull it together. I made chicken tikka masala, a vegetarian curry, rice, and naan. It turned out pretty good. I currently working on a project to put all of my favorite recipes in a word document. Right now they are all over the Internet and on scraps of paper.


On Saturday, I helped out with a wedding shower for my friend Jessica. I made a fruit tray and a veggie tray, chicken salad sandwiches, and sugar cookies. I wanted to make fruit topiaries with strawberries. I had a vision of doing a vegetable topiary as well, but I just didn't have time. Next time I would only do one, because it took 4 lbs of strawberries to fill the two half-way. ha!


On Sunday we had my parents, Pete's parents and my friend Melanie for dinner. My dad gave a fireside at our ward on the Joseph Smith leg surgery. Everyone kept saying how great it was. We took pictures after the fireside. I was able to capture this 'random combination' picture! ha! Al's son, William, my friend from Philly, Melanie, and Phillip.

Pete has been BUSY with his basement projects. Thursday he tore out all of the ceilings in the basement and any dry wall that needed to be removed. We were knee-deep in rubble and Pete and his parents worked like crazy and bagged all of the garbage. On Saturday, Pete got the jack-hammer to make room for some new drains. They also made about 10 trips to the dump!






Lily is busy as usual. She wanted to wear her cousin Gracie's baby back-pack. It was funny seeing her walk around the house wearing a baby almost as big as her. She now says, 'more' and 'please' in sign language. She can definately say, 'no' and 'dada' and doggie, (which sounds like 'dada').














Phillip has had some fun play-dates with his cousin Gracie. They entertain each other really well and we seem to get more done with the two kids together. I got all of my projects and cooking done. and Paige was able to crank out some papers and studying.

6 comments:

Anica said...

Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm glad you are feeling better. You sure have been busy!

Have you considered starting a food blog? It's really easy to keep up with your favorite recipes that way and then you could turn your blog into a book (blurb.com). I've been keeping one for over year and I really like it. I'm able to share my favorite recipes with friends and family.

Hyrum and Stacey Taft said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy! That is really exciting! You'll have to let me know what your having.

Lyllee is still talking about her day with Phillip! They had a blast. We will have to get together sometime and play. Have a good week. Let me know if you need anything.

Penny said...

You didn't brag enough about how good the Indian food was! YUMMY!!! I loved it the next day too! I'm tired just reading your blog. Can I have your pregnancy energy? Cause I sure didn't have any when I was prego! The cookies turned out super cute and the strawberry topiary (sp?) is amazing! I love it all! Your a good sister and friend! Thanks for all your YUMMY food! Love ya!
BTW- I totally forgot your dads thing Sunday. I am an airhead. I heard it was fantastic! Sorry I missed it!

Emily said...

I love the random combination picture. I feel special because I know each person in the picture. Your cookies look great!!! When are you going to do a family enrichment class?

Shmacque said...

How did you make those Strawberry Topiarys, they are too cute!! So are Phillip and Lily, as usual.
Miss Jacque

Kari Risher said...

Cathy! I'm so happy to hear the news! Glad you're in good health and your family is doing so well. Paul and I are in transition again - we're moving back to the States finally. It all depends on where Paul finds a job but we're hoping to stay in Michigan this time. I'll continue to stay tuned on your blog - if you want to check out my new one, it's thewhisperinthewind.blogspot.com - more of a academic-themed blog rather than personal but still interesting. :) Have a great day!
- Kari Risher